Updated: March 30, 2023
Check back often, as this page contains very up to date information on the evolution of TimeStitcher while it is in Preview.
We want to hear from you! Please send e-mail to
timestitcher (at) dcsoft (dot) com for your overall impressions, suggestions and issues.
- [Mar 30, 2023] Version 0.3
- Fix Ctrl+F / Ctrl+R search issues of text not always being found, and optimize scrolled location when search is ended with ESC or Enter
- Enhanced History dialog -- changed shortcut to Ctrl+H (previously Ctrl+D). See updated directions in "History Dialog" below.
- New feature -- Ctrl+N creates a New stitch (separated by ====)
New feature -- Ctrl+D deletes current stitch (between ===)
- NOTE: Undo (Ctrl+Z) does not undelete; WORKAROUND: to recover a deleted stitch, press Ctrl+H and retrieve it from a previous version
- New feature -- Indent/outdent by selected text and pressing Tab/Shift+Tab respectively
- New feature -- Ctrl+L reformats the file
- New feature -- Ctrl+T deletes current word
- [Mar 2, 2023] Windows version 0.2: Follow OS dark theme on Windows (macOS was previously supported).
- [Jan 31, 2023] macOS version 0.1: Initial release.
Your stitches are auto-saved, 4 seconds after you stop typing. Also, you can manually save when you know they are stable by typing Ctrl+S.
Drag and drop re-ordering
Re-order your stitches by dragging and dropping them in the Stitch list (the left pane)
Undo / Redo
Edit your stitches with full Undo/Redo.
- Undo is Ctrl+Z
- Redo is Ctrl+Y / Ctrl+Shift+Z
History Dialog (Ctrl+H)
There is a preliminary showing the versions of your stitches over time.
- The pane on the right shows all the saved versions of your stitches. The date of the stitches (when they were saved) is shown. Manually saved (with Ctrl+S) dates are shown in bold.
- Click a date in the list (but not in the checkbox) to view that version -- you can copy the text from the stitches into the clipboard to "rescue" them and paste them into your current stitches.
- Click in the checkbox to see the differences in this version compared to the previous version. Click a second checkbox to establish a different reference version.
The pane on the left shows either the full text of your stitches, or a 'git like diff' of them.
- The diff is not too usable now. But it at least gives you an idea of your changes.
- Delete unwanted versions by selecting (but not in the checkbox) the desired version and typing Ctrl+D.
The ability to track stitches over time will be a game changing feature of TimeStitcher, so there will be entirely new UI's to access and view these differences. If you have any ideas of a "timeline view", please let us know!